Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:47 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 16   [ 156 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Krottenou Adventures
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:27 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

What do you mean? Are you saying should you guys still think up stuff you want to do, like moving the fire with a board, or should I give you options like, a. Go to the coast, b. Open barrel, c. Go East into the woods, d. Go South into the woods/little civilization. Is that what you mean? And a hint, everything you currently need to do stuff is within one set of you. One set being the house, the coast, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:29 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Look around in the woods a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:35 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I like the way we're doing it now, where we just go with whatever we can think of.

Since it is our house, I say we recollect our memory of our surroundings. Are there any goblins around? Hobgoblins? Any sort of creature that would steal a cupboard or a shiny key? If there is no recollection of such creatures, search the woods below us first. Don't forget some sort of weapon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:46 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Use the shovel for a weapon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:17 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

[Interrogative]
Does each set cover a certain span of distance? IE Is each set like a square mile, or is each set different, some larger then others?

Also, I think that if I had a heavy duty chest bolted into the freaking ground and a lock strong enough to withstand a beating with a shovel, I think I'd remember what I had in it :9 Oh well

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:56 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Clonebear wrote:

Also, I think that if I had a heavy duty chest bolted into the freaking ground and a lock strong enough to withstand a beating with a shovel, I think I'd remember what I had in it :9 Oh well

Yeah, probably. ;)

Maybe melt the lock off? That might be an idea. If all fire is out, start one with two sticks. Or, use a hairpin or a splinter to pick it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:10 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

It was just a thought but I guess since no one likes it... Where else can we go beside the house, coast and woods?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:58 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

No one ever asked what was inside the chest as far as I can recall. Also, each set is obviously one 32x32 stud baseplate. For the most part the distance between sets is the same all the time. But say for example at a later date you want to return somewhere you have already been, and it is conceivable you could do so in less than a week or something, you can travel to different locations without needing to see everything. Unless you get waylaid by orcs or goblins or trolls or something. In that case I'll show it and you can deal with it at the time. Also, you may at certain times be able to use objects or spells to get to some place fast or instantly. There are no such creatures as goblins or anything that frequents near where you live, but roving bands do pass by from time to time. You would not be able to get the lock hot enough to break it where it currently is, unless you built a stone forge around it, procured some coal, heated it the right temperature, then sliced the lock with a chisel and a hammer. Theoretically you could detach it from the floor and bring it to a balcksmith's shop where it could then be opened. You may be able to pick it, you do so happen to have a single hairpin on you, but you have never tried before and would be more likely to snap it off in the lock, thereby preventing yourself from using the key once it is found and you would need to break the lock then. Currently the only places you can go is the coast to the left, woods to the right, and woods to the bottom. Once in one of those places locations are then opened up in each of those directions again. On some sets a way upwards will also be available. Like if you went downwards. Also, I hinted at some possible civilization downwards. I will now inform you it is a blacksmith shop. Which was decided upon and built before you even left the house the first time. I figure I may as well reveal it to you now. I think I answered everything there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:48 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

What exactly is in the chest? And I have to say, our character fastened a sturdy chest to the ground, this suggests preparedness. Yet they don't know how to pick a lock in case something like this happened, and that's beside living in a place where 'roving bands' pass through, you'd think they'd have kept some type of weapon near them while they slept in case someone broke in or something. Also, does our character remember anything about who destroyed the house? I find it hard to believe that she slept through the house being looted and being destroyed. On top of all of this, why is our character living out in the woods anyways? she appears to be wearing some very nice clothes for that kind of thing. And where does she even sleep? I don't see any kind of bed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:21 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

^This. Oh well, I'll try not to focus on specifics :9

Let's go into the woods to the... right? Or do you guys want to try the bottom/south?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 16   [ 156 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next