PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:52 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Sounds cool Daken!

Post subject: Re: Khopesh97-Napoleon-Oreo-Hikaro Story Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:29 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Okay, so.... I'm leavin'. :9 It's becoming too time-consuming to read all this stuff you guys are putting up and I'm way behind. I've got a short attention span to say the least, and I've lost interest in this saga. xD Feel free to do whatever you want with Gunner, but I'm out. I've got a lot of stuff I'm working on now, so I'm just going to stick with that. Sorry boys! Good luck with the rest of the story.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:37 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Oreo wrote:
Okay, so.... I'm leavin'. :9 It's becoming too time-consuming to read all this stuff you guys are putting up and I'm way behind. I've got a short attention span to say the least, and I've lost interest in this saga. xD Feel free to do whatever you want with Gunner, but I'm out. I've got a lot of stuff I'm working on now, so I'm just going to stick with that. Sorry boys! Good luck with the rest of the story.

*sniff* Well, all right. If you ever want to help out if you have time, don't hesitate to post! *24 gun salute*

Good luck to you, too, sir! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:16 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Okay, I'll try to write something up tomorrow... I was just a wee bit too busy to do much today.

Oreo: Sorry to see you go, but thanks for your input! TBH, what I've read of your Brichstopia is kinda what inspired me to possibly start contributions (that and this story started out in my home state :P).

Napoleon: IIRC, since PsP 7 came out in 2000 (seriously: I bought it in JAPAN in October, 2000), and you can find the SHAREWARE version for free (but it's only good for like, 30 days and you either have to register or it won't work), or you can get used copies through Amazon or similar sites (ebay, etc) for half of what you'd pay for the newest version.. Even that isn't too expensive (only $100, compared to over $700 for Photoshop, and unlike Photoshop, you don't need a 10,000-page manual to use it: Paint Shop Pro is so easy to use, I've been using the JAPANESE version for the past 11 years, and I can't even READ half the kanji used in the menus!)

Anyways, I wanted to ask how the Native American tribes would fit into this setting? Would they be potential allies or antagonists or, perhaps, both?

Also, it seems that I managed to stumble onto a bit of accidental genius when I posited Pittsburgh as the new "Mafia Capital": I just read back to the beginning and realized that Chicago was one of the cities nuked by the Nazis... With Chi-town and Jersey turned into radioactive wastes, Western PA, particularly Pittsburgh, would be the last major stronghold for the various organized crime syndicates on the East Coast.... No doubt they're still running Vegas, though! ;)

One more thing: I once was a horticulture major (before I decided to make my other hobby, electronics, my career), and I once read a book published in the 1950's or 1960's (back when they thought that messing around with radiation was a good idea) of various experiments that involved exposing plants to radiation. Contrary to how Fallout and most other post-nuke games portray it, most plants are either (a) not affected by fallout radiaton (vegetation started growing at Hiroshima within weeks of the bomb blast, and less than a year at Chernobyl.... The immediate radiation shockwave is another story entirely) or (b) grow to enormous sizes with constant, elevated exposure (the book mentioned 15' high tomato plants and 25' corn plants).... In addition, research at the Chernobyl site indicates that while plants themselves might be contaminated, somehow they are able to keep the radioisotopes from contaminating their seeds!

So... I was thinking that maybe a sub-plot of various factions (i.e. FS PA, various clans etc) buying seeds from plants with beneficial mutations from adventurers in rad-suits who journey into the Rad Wastes looking for such (and possibly a side-mission for the group in the main story), and possibly some mention of such plants being used already: I.e. mutant corn being raised for both food and ethanol production, mutant giant Yucca filamentosa, which is native to the Pine Barrens, being raised both as a fiber crop and as an ornamental (It would look kinda like a funky palm tree)....

In addition, you could have radioactive swamps with gigantic, man-eating Sundew plants, which are also native to NJ. :D

.....Just some thoughts.

Edit: I just remembered something!

How's about some flags?

The "official" Flag of the Freistaat Pennsylvania (Freischteet Pennsilfaani) is this:
Attachment:
ReichsKriegsFlagge.gif
ReichsKriegsFlagge.gif [ 12.18 KiB | Viewed 820 times ]

...and the REAL flag is my avatar :D
Attachment:
AmerikaLarge.gif
AmerikaLarge.gif [ 1.65 KiB | Viewed 820 times ]

...and this is the SECOND time I've been interrupted by power outages due to lightning striking the local power grid. X0 ...Looks like it's a good thing I DIDN'T try to add another chapter!

Last edited by Hikaro Takayama on Thu May 19, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:25 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Great flag Hikaro!

Now what we gonna do with Cookie Man?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:20 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Did someone mention man-eating horror movie plants?! XD Yus! That's an awesome idea! We must include it.

I love the German Imperial flag; nice colors and nice design. Are you using Wikipedia? They have soooo many flags it's unbelievable. I'll have to try making a Robertson flag. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:59 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
I broke into SM's google docs account and learned that there are still gangs in Vegas

;)

I actually created a plot line in my google docs account so I know where to go, but Vegas is still a couple entries away. Entry no.3 should be up by Saturday.

Hmm, man eating plants.... :D

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:35 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Ha, ha, you're funny Powered Assault Commando!

Napoleon: I did get the Reichskriegsflagge from Wikipedia... I decided to scale it down and attach it to save forum bandwidth (and come up with an awesome large version of my German-American Flag)....

BTW, there are actually TWO species of Sundew in NJ (possibly 3): The Thread-leaved Sundew (which looks like something out of H.P. Lovecraft) and the Common Sundew.... Now just imagine a 10' version of either of those!

Anyways, another thunderstorm is rolling in, so I'd better quit before I lose power again. :/

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:27 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Losing power is no fun at all. We lost all our food a while back. :\

Those plants are definitely interesting... A giant version kind of reminds me of Felucia in Starwars. :)

Well, I'll start the Robertson flag!

Here's my portfolio: http://napoleonscivilwaralternatehistor ... ps/photos/

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:21 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Nice! Photoshop much?

BTW, I just found ANOTHER candidate to add to our vegetative hazards: The Purple Pitcher Plant, or as the giant mutant variety is called, the one-bloom, one-stalked, purple pitcher people eater.<rimshot> (please don't kill me!)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 12   [ 117 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next