Change font size
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:07 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Ultimate Sacrifice
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:34 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Hey guys hears my first story. Its a ww2 one.

Boom! Boom! The roar of artillery surrounded P.F.C., Private First Class, George Vinelli as he and his squad advanced on enemy trenches. “Roberts, you and Vinelli cover us,” shouted Sgt. Cameron Neilson. “Yes sir,” answered the two in sync. Roberts and Vinelli set up behind a pile of rocks, pulled out their extra mags, and dropped down on the soft dirt. “Bear Squad, move out!” ordered the sergeant. Boom! Boom! The squadron charged the trenches as the Nazi machine gunners fired their MG42’s at them. Ping, ping was the sound their M1 carbines made as the two soldiers laid down cover fire.
“George, George wake up,” whispered Roberts. “What?” moaned George. It had been a whole day since that fierce battle and George was tired. “Whaaaaat?” he asked again, impatiently. “Major Wilson wants to see Bear Squadron; says he has an important mission for us,” reported Roberts. George muttered, “Okay, just let me get my gear.” A little bit later, the two soldiers walked out of their tent and over to the major’s headquarters. When they entered, they were greeted by their squad and the major. “Hi boys, glad you could make it,” greeted the major. “I have a special assignment for the Bear squadron.” “Whatever it is, sir, the Bear squadron can do,” boasted Corpl. Higgins. “I admire your confidence Corporal, but this will be a tough one; some of you may not be coming back.”
“All right, soldiers, move out.” commanded Sgt. Neilson. As they made their way through the woods, Vinelli couldn’t help but feel scared about the mission. He had never done a sabotage mission on a well-guarded enemy base or a not well-guarded enemy base for that matter.
“Corporal Lewis, you take Diaz, Hunter, Rowe, and Higgins through the forest, and take out the guards guarding the right flank, then wait for my signal.” ordered Sgt. Neilson. “Yes sir.” “Roberts, you’re going to be the sniper for this mission.” “Yes sir.” As Roberts and his team made their way through the left side of the forest, they saw two guards patrolling the left side of the compound and a machine gunner armed with a MG42 in a watchtower on the compound. Sgt. Neilson and his team studied a pattern in the guard’s patrol routine for a way to scale the barbed wire fence surrounding the entire compound. “All right, we’re in. Signal the others to break and set the charges,” said the Sgt. “Yes sir.” Using a flashlight that was dim enough so not to be detected, but bright enough so Corporal Lewis and his team could make out the signal, Lewis and the others breached the compound and set the TNT. Sergeant Neilson and his team did the same. As they were about to exit the compound, one of the guards spotted them and started firing at them. The squad returned fire, and other guards started firing at the Americans soldiers. They had to get out of there fast, and the Sergeant. Knew this as he threw all of his grenades at the enemy, he covered his men while Vinelli exited as the last man ran back to the forest. Realizing that the Sergeant wasn’t behind him, he turned around to look at the compound just as it blew up, ”Noooo!” The Bear Squadron realized that Seargent Cmeron Neilson made the ultimate sacrifice.

Post subject: Re: Ultimate Sacrifice
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:13 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Nice! So the guys your writing about are not Americans?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:46 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Interesting story! It would be much easier to read if you separated the text out into paragraphs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:57 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

khopesh97 wrote:
Nice! So the guys your writing about are not Americans?

No they are Americans

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:56 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Great read here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]