Change font size
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 15   [ 145 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Khopesh97-Napoleon-Oreo-Hikaro alliance thread.
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:18 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Well, I have thought of a story idea! We make the story free-will. Post a sec. whenever you like! I shall go... NOW!

--German Fort--Mother Russia...

Ivan watched the ammunition shed burn. It made fireworks of celebration in his eyes.

Stalin then sneaked out of the explosion's range, waiting for any unsuspecting Germans to come and put the fire out. A basically impossible feat to accomplish.

Ivan spotted a Nazi soldier ringing the alarm bell. Stalin aimed his AK47, loaded to capacity with explosive shells.

Ivan pulled the trigger;

Boom.

The soldier's body slumped over the alarm bell, stifling the clanging it was making. Blood flowed freely from his head wound. Stalin smiled evilly...

--Two hours later--

The depleted Russian force moved away from the burned out German fort. The German's had been routed under Ivan's command.

Not a single Nazi survived

Stalin felt happy, very happy.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:04 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

The sound of a tank engine roared in the distance. "Keep yer nerve, men! Remember yer training!" James pointed his machete towards a large nearby field. "At the double-time, march!" The Robertson column raced toward the field. The battle was about to begin. As the men ran through the trees and scrub, they checked their weapons. Soon, the Randalls were in sight. James adjusted the strap on his tan helmet and fired a shot with his revolver. "Fire at will!"

The men's various weapons, primarily M-14's, blazed away. The Randalls were shocked by the powerful show of force. The Randall leaders, mounted on ill-bred, scrawny horses, soon shouted to pull back.

The Robertson Old Guard ran forward, shooting the retreating Randalls with powerful shotgun blasts. Several horses went down, foaming at the mouth and neighing in pain. The Robertson infantry advanced, with their flag going on before.

Then the Stuart arrived.

The tank crushed a wounded Robertson man underneath its decades-old treads. With a loud boom, the tank fired. Several Robertsons were killed in the explosion, one was crushed by a falling tree.

James fired several Garand rounds. "Keep firing, men! Onward! Robertson!"

"Robertson!" With that war-cry, the men advanced again, downing more Shenandoah Randalls.

The tank fired again, this time with its machine gun.

"Take cover, men!" cried Gunner, hugging the ground. The men's battle line dispersed as the Randalls counter-attacked. "Where's Carl with the bazooka? We need him now!"

A soldier in one of the ratty tan uniforms crawled up through the grass beside him. "Sir! PFC Jethro Robertson reporting! Carl done took a shot in the leg a couple minutes ago. Last I saw, General Harry grabbed the 'zooka. Oh, look, there he is!"

Harry was sprinting across the field, pumping his fist. "Say 'ello to my little friend, Randalls!" He stuck a rocket in the back, aimed it, and blew the tread off the tank. A sharp, metallic, grinding noise followed, followed by clanking noises as the gears and wheels fell off. A small explosion then occurred, which started a large fire. As the screaming, wounded pilots opened the hatch and prepared to jump off, the Volkswagen came crashing through the nearby trees, with Billy-Joe blasting away with the M1919. Bloody holes appeared in the tankers' homespun "uniforms" as bullets slammed into them. Moaning, they fell off.

Almost as soon as they hit the ground, the Robertsons went on the offensive again, chanting "Harry! Harry! Harry! Harry!" Harry was obviously going for showmanship, as he pulled out his machete and advanced into the line of fire. As the Randall "horde" clashed with the Robertsons in hand-to-hand combat, Harry hacked the opponents to death with supernatural strength, even lopping off the arm of a Randall clan boss. With their tank smoldering and "lunatics with machetes" hacking and shooting them, the Randalls knew they were in trouble. Even worse was when the Old Guard advanced and downed several more with buckshot. Some of the Shenandoahites dropped their weapons and fled in terror. They had had a tank before, now they had nothing and advancing, enraged enemies who possessed several armored cars coming at them.

James led a small group, including Will, around the side of the Randall force, moving through the woods. One family member hid beneath a log with a scoped rifle to pick off retreaters. James and the others kept moving, until they were completely behind the Randall soldiers. They opened fire. Before, worried, but now crushed and demoralized, the Randalls broke.

Boarding one of the cars, the T-Bird, Gunner used a revolver in the manner of African safari hunters shooting at a herd of water buffalo. Drive alongside, pick off the biggest and strongest ones, then pull back to pick another target. Men in the other two cars did likewise.

The Randalls were exterminated by sundown. Gathering back at the main Robertson stronghold, the men expected a long night of partying and celebration. What greeted them was something entirely different. Dead Robertson guards were slung over the porch railing, others laid in pools of their own blood next to the broken-down front door. Gunner went up first, rifle ready to shoot a hole in whoever might have done it.

James and Will checked their weapons, ready for another fight. Sweat dripped down their faces as they waited for a signal. Suddenly, two shots rang out and someone raced out the backdoor, limping and holding their leg.

"Shoot 'im! Shoot 'im!" Gunner cried out as he tried to pursue out the backdoor, but staggered and fell onto the ground. The Robertsons immediately put a hole in the assassin's forehead. Racing up to Gunner, they asked what had happened. Gunner shook his head, "Found the dastard hiding in the kitchen. We both fired and I went down. Shot me in the thigh. I'm alright. Wish I could say the same for yer Granpaw. The bloody rat shot him in cold blood."

A shudder went through the men. Granpa Rick might not have been energetic or jovial, but he was loved and admired as the father-figure he was. Many men held back tears, others let them flow freely.

Except for Harry. He just looked angry. He slowly walked up to the corpse of the assassin and drew his machete. In a bloody display, he hacked the body to bits. When it was done, he went inside to the living room, muttering to himself.

Gunner watched the spectacle. "He next in line?"

James shook his head. "No, we don't have next in lines. The family picks the clan leader by vote."

The next day...

Gunner tallied up the election results after the funeral service.

James, wearing a dusty suit made some time in the 50's, entered the living room. It was common for families to lock up old suits for special occasions. Suits were impossible to afford anymore. "Well? Who won?"

Gunner looked up from the stack of voting slips. "Between you and Harry, the only candidates who have a prayer, Harry gets 20 votes. Most of the reasons the men wrote down were because of his bravery yesterday taking down that tank and all."

James raised an eyebrow. "Me?"

Gunner sighed and put his boots up on the table. "18 votes. Sorry, pal. The next candidate, Joseph Robertson, another cousin of yours, received 5 votes. The others went to people who only got two or three votes. Harry's the new clan leader."

James slumped down on the ugly, striped sofa. "Oh... no. No, no, no, no. This is just between you and me, but one time I listened in on a private conversation between Pop and Granpa Rick. They said Harry's a little screwy. He's had... problems... since he was a toddler. Pop, Granpa, and Harry's now-deceased parents agreed to not bring it up in public."

Gunner nodded gravely and took his feet off the table. "Really? Do you think he's gotten better with time?"

"No," said James flatly and quietly. "No, he hasn't. Look at what he did with that machete yesterday. It was like some kind of maniac in one of those German horror films. It was insane. He enjoyed it. If he's leader, he could make Hitler look like Howdy Doody. If one little thing sets him off, watch out. You saw how he acted when you gave the men training. He gets really angry over everything and it's almost impossible to get him to treat you normally again. Plus, he may have problems, but he's smart. Smart in an evil way. He gave his parents fits. He leads the men into battle like a sepuku dagger-wielding Japanese Imperial. Mark my words, there's gonna be problems. Now that he has absolute power over the clan, he'll get worse. He'll finally be able to settle rivalries. I heard him once talk about how he wanted Granpa to exile Carl to the Jersey Pine Barrens." Gunner's eyes widened and he stammered. "I know!" James continued. "The Pine Barrens! With those... Jersey Devil mutants... It's scary."

Gunner waved his hand. 'No, no. I wasn't shocked about the Pine Barrens, I just put something together."

"What?"

"Carl was shot in the leg yesterday, preventing him from using the bazooka."

"You don't mean..."

"Yeah, I mean it. 'Suddenly,' Harry has the bazooka and hogs the glory while Carl lies bleeding on the ground. I bet my hat that Harry shot him in the leg, Carl was shot from behind, took the bazooka, and used it to get elected... Oh, no. No! It can't be!"

James was speechless for a moment. "And that means... he might have been behind Granpa's murder! The Randalls might be our arch enemy, but I thought it was unbelievable that they would go after an elderly leader. It's one o' the unwritten rules of the book. We don't kill old people or women and children. I don't think they would have done it without some incentive of some kind. It ain't natural."

"Exactly. I bet you anything he went over to the Randalls for help after Rick booted him from the position of field marshal."

James looked sick. "What a Judas! Darn it! What should we do?"

Gunner looked a little green, too. "I don't know... I think we're heading for problems. And me an' Liz will be his first targets..."

Ooh, like the finale of a detective show. :9

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:27 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Ooh, it is getting interesting now. Very excited to see what happens next.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:46 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

REALLY NICE!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:07 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Baylego wrote:
Ooh, it is getting interesting now. Very excited to see what happens next.

Thanks! I hope everyone keeps writing new additions; I love doing this story. :D

khopesh97 wrote:
REALLY NICE!

Danke!

Okay, guys, what should we call this story? Calling it "that post-apoc story" isn't very exciting. ;) I think something with "chronicles" and/or "of." "The Apocalyptic Chronicles?" "The Chronicles of the Survivors?"

Go check out the Enlistment Thread, fellas! Let's crank this story into high-gear.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:48 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Ok, some thoughts, ideas and opinions:

First of all, How about "Day of the Jackboot" or something like that for the title? :9

I was wondering if there might be a chance of the Robertson exiles running into the PA Brandschutz convoy on its return trip from NYC... Don't worry, I'm still planning on having them end up in the pine barrens, but after they meet the current governor of Freischteet Pennsilfaani and getting some additional support... Basically, the governor is going to decide that, rather than try to negotiate with a whack-job like Harry, he'd rather speed up his project of de-contaminating Philadelphia and try to (more or less) peacefully incorporate New Jersey, so that they'll have more clout when the time comes for them to back-stab the Reich.

Some vital stats about the Freischteet: Although Harrisburg is the (heavily fortified) capitol, most of Dauphin County, which is right next to Schuylkill (a.k.a. Spruce) county is untamed wilderness, and the few fortified settlements are almost all on the Susequehanna river, and they tend to get attacked on a regular basis by roving bandits... Cumberland County, which has Carlisle (and the Army War College), Mechanicsburg (and the former Navy Supply Depot, which is now a Brandschutz Supply Depot) is somewhat more developed, but the towns in that area also tend to be heavily fortified due to the constant threat of attack by the various clans in Perry County (which, even nowadays in our own world is considered a wild 'n' wooly place).

The core region consists of Franklin, Adams and York counties, which are fairly easy to defend due to difficult mountain ranges on one side, and the Susequehanna/radioactive wasteland on the other. This region houses various machine shops, factories (including a suit factory in Chambersburg), at least two steel foundries (one in Chambersburg and the other is a boiler plant in Waynesboro) and electronics manufacturers in the towns, and farms in the surrounding countryside.

Key Agricultural Products are Milk, Seed Crops (Corn, Soybeans, wheat rye, and barley), Fruit (Apples, Peaches, Plums, Paw Paws, Grapes and Trifoliate Oranges) and nut crops (Black Walnuts, Pecans and Chestnuts).

....I've got to go right now, but I'll post more info later.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:00 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Awesome info!

Lessee... Ooh! How 'bout "Inglorious Jackboots."

"I want me some Robertson scalps."

:9

So, the PA Brandschutz meet up with the exiles, eh? This could be very, very interesting... Perhaps while being forced into NJ, the Brandschutz agree to help the exiles overthrow Harry if they help defeat the gangs in New Jersey... Kinda "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" scenario. Hows that sound? It's fun figuring this stuff out. :)

We definitely need that county map now. Tell ya what: You do the PA map, since your knowledge of the counties is great, and I'll do the NJ one. :)

The farming aspect might be interesting, too... Jerseyan nomads perhaps go on raids Indian-style to capture necessities that cannot be grown in NJ's nuked soil?

Keep on pennin', boys! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:22 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Whoo! I think this is the most fun I've had in the Scriptorium EVAR!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:27 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

khopesh97 wrote:
Whoo! I think this is the most fun I've had in the Scriptorium EVAR!

I agree. :D Wait till we start building illustrations. :|~ I can't wait to make a MOC of the Battle for the Gas Station.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:36 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

OK. I needed something to do.

---St. Petersburg---

A cutting from the Fuhrer's Trumpet"

Newsflash! Ivan Stalin has just made his move. Two live witnesses who barely escaped the Russian's wrath explained in full detail: The Russia----

RIIIIIIIP!

"DAMN THESE RUSSIANS!"

Kommandent 'Black boot's stormed around his chambers.

If only I had listened to the Lieutenant Hendrickson Before hand, I may have been able to convince the Fuhrer to send troops!

He threw the remains of the newspaper into his fireplace.

It's too late now. Russia is lost!

He thought to himself, "Curse, and double curse Stalin's hide!"

----Same time, different place----

Ivan Stalin smiled as he walked to the burnt out remains of the Russian Capitol. Repairs were being made already, and he had just went to a bar and had a drink or two.

He thought his motto to himself, Victory is sweet!

Last edited by khopesh97 on Fri May 06, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 15   [ 145 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next