Change font size
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:10 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 49 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Oreo-Hound Knight-Napoleon Alliance Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:20 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I FINALLY am bringing this back. We need to progress. It appears that, due to that darn update, :9 we shall have to start over. =U

Here are the remnants of our pirate story.

http://thehighseaschronicles.webs.com/t ... begins.htm

Sad, huh?

I was thinking, that maybe we should take a poll and ask people what would be the most interesting story to probably put on Brickstory.com, since there were plans to put HSC on there. I invented HSC, but maybe another genre would be even more popular, and also more democratically picked. Space? Wild West? Hey, that sounds fun, pardner! Adventurers? That sounds good! Secret agents? Or something else entirely. I really enjoy writing and planning with you guys, and our alliance still exists, so how 'bout it? Plus, even though he's been a lot busier lately, I wonder if Gecko could contribute? He's a great writer.

Last edited by Napoleon on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Oreo-Hound Knight-Napoleon Alliance Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:22 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

I voted Secret Agents. I don't see much of this genre, and having two ninja stories going around would get boring. Perhaps this could be a group story like the ones on TLF?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:34 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Baylego wrote:
I voted Secret Agents. I don't see much of this genre, and having two ninja stories going around would get boring. Perhaps this could be a group story like the ones on TLF?

It'll be a lot like that, and also like usual Brickstory.com stories. I voted for Adventurers. Oh, and if people wanna keep pirates, just post here that you do... I forgot to add it to the poll. :9 If I add it, it'll erase the two current votes.

EDIT: Wait... How 'bout superhero? That might be really interesting. We could all use lots of BF pieces to design them, along with custom decals, and then write Marvel-style superhero cross-overs where they battle each other and stuff. Ya know... let's just have mob rule, since there are so many choices. I'll take down the poll.

I change my vote to superhero. But, if Oreo and HK want something else, I'm fine. I just want to start the alliance up again and I don't want to jump the gun and pick something they're not interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:20 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Hmm. While I do see the point in seeing what the community would like to read, I believe it is more important to decide upon what you shall write between you guys. I'm not gonna vote, if not for the reason I stated, for this reason: to broad. I never choose stories to read just from the genres. I say either you decide between yourselves, or at least give a little thought and backstory for each. 'Tis up to ye, I just am giving my advice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:28 am 
Tong Novice
Tong Novice

You should do a steampunk story! would be epic!
Hmmm....story....writing....I need to get back to doing Taelos. Sick for past week/bunch of stuff going on= no writing....hmmm.....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:35 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Define adventurer. Either way though I agree with SoL, you decide.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:53 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

sentinal133 wrote:
Define adventurer. Either way though I agree with SoL, you decide.

Johnny Thunder/Indiana Jones/National Treasure. :)

Yeah, you two have a good point. Very well, we shall debate it between ourselves. :) *looks forward*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:37 pm 
Firebrand
Firebrand

Don't get into a debate with Oreo. o_o He's trained under the Chinese masters.

I shall consider my choice wisely. Well, for a little while at least, who knows if it will be wise.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:46 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Hound Knight wrote:
Don't get into a debate with Oreo. o_o He's trained under the Chinese masters.

I shall consider my choice wisely. Well, for a little while at least, who knows if it will be wise.

Yeah, I've heard he's quite the Confucius. B) I love to debate things; yet another way people on this site are like me. ;D

Yup, we wanna pick somethin' really, really awesome. I can't wait to see what you two will think up. Right now, I'm for a superhero/vigilante-style story, but I could be easily swayed to vote for something else. I think I'll follow TSoL's advice and create a test backstory so we can easily detect awesomeness.

Superhero test story:

Character: James Makart

Alias: The Wolf (mind ya, this is just a test ;) )

Story:

James grew up poor in Chicago and saw the rampant crime and thuggery, from mobsters to corrupt politicians. After receiving a massive inheritance from his Austrian grandparents, he started a private war against crime. First stalking the streets wearing a police-grade armored vest and a bandanna, he stopped multiple muggings and murders. After busting up a crime ring headed by a local politician, the politician has raised a personal army of mobsters to put an end to the Wolf's activities. After designing a complex body suit and headgear, the Wolf is training multiple reformed criminals to be his assistants. He doesn't have any superpower per say, but he has brute strength and his assistants.

I'll edit in another test in a sec.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:55 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

You might be able to make a good story out of this, but it still sounds rather cliche :\ . An adventurers story or secret agent story would be better. Or you could do a story about a criminal that turns into a hero? That could be fresh.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 49 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next