Change font size
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: JRC III - Fama por el secreto
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:52 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
This was done for the Jolly Roger III contest over at Forbidden Cove in the Spanish Treasure Category. It is one of the few things I have built in the past years that uses no BF pieces. I hope you enjoy it.

Hernan Cortes was a man whose fame and glory were well known. His life however is another matter. From the various accounts of his undertakings to the disparity of which name he went by, this man may have not been who we think he was. Perhaps his greatest find was that he would be able to spread his fame by having accomplishments done by others using his name. On this day in 1522, Fernando Dos Equis set out to discover Aztec gold. As he had done many times in the past and would continue to do, he received a significant amount of the treasure in return for claiming the find was Cortes’. To some, the value of fame pales compared to privacy.

The gallery

Post subject: Re: JRC III - Fama por el secreto
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:26 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

The most interesting moc in the world?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:27 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Commented on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:42 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Thanks for the comments guys. Here and on Flickr. I named the conquistador after the beer because I not only think that the commercials are cool, but the meaning is neat. Read about Dos Equis on Wiki if you want to know why I chose the name Fernando. Plus, it goes good with the story of Cortes being so hard to get reliable info on his character. I guess I really did way more thinking into this MOC than others I do. The best part is, this MOC was intended to be something else, but I switched half way through for the contest. So when I get tired of the MOC, I will alter it to become a new hideout for Quickblade and his men. I have to admit, I was inspired by some of the younger guys out there that are making MOC's with snot water and that is what lead me to do it that way.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:38 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

That is soo cool, I really like your inside with the rooms and layers. Very well hidden with your rock and nature work o the outside. I also like your use of the water and the two different views of it.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:52 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Wow! that's really good, but could you please post some close up pics?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:42 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Thanks. For the contest, I was only able to post 5 pictures. I can't take anymore because I am in the process of converting it into a medieval fantasy hideout. I don't know when it will be finished since I am working on about 5 various Lego projects. If you have any questions about a particular piece or how something was done, I can do my best to answer.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]