Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:28 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Easier Access to the Store
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 pm 
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Pardon me if this isn't in the right sub-forum, I couldn't find a better place.

Viewing the BrickForge Store Inventory (BSI For short) is very hard. Rather that having to click on the specified item to see a picture, wouldn't it be better to just click on a category and have all of the pictures in one place? This is frustrating wgen you have limited time to make an order (Say 10 minutes) and that ends up taking 50% of the time. If you do not understand i mean this: When you enter the BSI there are categories on the right. When you click on the the category it comes up with a number of links to the different items, why not just make it so that you can order from there? And instead of having different products for each colour, why not just have a colour picker on the items description?

Cheers,
Flynn

Post subject: Re: Easier Access to the Store
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:27 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

I'm almost 100% positive this would be the right thread.

I understand what your saying. It would make it easier to order in a hurry... but on the other hand its fun to see all the weapons displayed with the miniquins! :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:42 am 
Anvil Polisher
Anvil Polisher

Although not as drastic a change as you're suggesting, I've brought up a similar suggestion twice (here and here) about simply adding thumbnail images on the overall section pages. The suggestion met with seemingly positive reactions, but no changes ever came out of it.

But yeah, I agree that a more consolidated ordering system (one image with a color picker, etc.) could be beneficial. And all the little scenes showing various product colors/uses could still be displayed underneath the "picker" area as well, so we wouldn't lose those.

m19

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:51 pm 
Forge Master
Forge Master

Hi guys,

Yeah, it has become a bit tedious as we continue to expand our lineups. I do read all of the suggestions and plans have been made, just a matter of manpower to make said changes. I've toyed with the idea of an entire site overhaul to make ordering more convenient, but I'm still searching for the best solution.

Thanks for posting this!

-A

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:51 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Perhaps, while the store is under discusion, could we have the item number under the item changed to 1 instead of 0. It gets annoying clicking the buy now button and having it pop up with the whole select item number thing. If I want more than one item I can just change it in the cart or press the button again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:21 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

hahaha I too agree the "0" and "1" item change would be great :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:49 pm 
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Dirk_Nagel wrote:
I'm almost 100% positive this would be the right thread.

I understand what your saying. It would make it easier to order in a hurry... but on the other hand its fun to see all the weapons displayed with the miniquins! :D

But as what Morgan19 said, all of the other images could be shown under the colour picker.

Morgan19 wrote:
Although not as drastic a change as you're suggesting, I've brought up a similar suggestion twice (here and here) about simply adding thumbnail images on the overall section pages. The suggestion met with seemingly positive reactions, but no changes ever came out of it.

But yeah, I agree that a more consolidated ordering system (one image with a color picker, etc.) could be beneficial. And all the little scenes showing various product colors/uses could still be displayed underneath the "picker" area as well, so we wouldn't lose those.

m19

Sorry, I didn't know that you could search the forum. But it is a good idea, and brickforge is in the process of hiring a full-time staff member, so when that change is implemented maybe this could be possible.

Armothe wrote:
Hi guys,

Yeah, it has become a bit tedious as we continue to expand our lineups. I do read all of the suggestions and plans have been made, just a matter of manpower to make said changes. I've toyed with the idea of an entire site overhaul to make ordering more convenient, but I'm still searching for the best solution.

Thanks for posting this!

-A

Thanks for replying! Hopefully some day the solution will be clear, then we're all happy!

sentinal133 wrote:
Perhaps, while the store is under discusion, could we have the item number under the item changed to 1 instead of 0. It gets annoying clicking the buy now button and having it pop up with the whole select item number thing. If I want more than one item I can just change it in the cart or press the button again.

Again, that is kinda annoying when you click it and it tells you the quantity has to be over zero, so that (I think, but I have no knowledge of creating websites) should be easy to fix.

Thanks for replying guys!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:27 am 
Thanks for the info. X)

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:23 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

I agree with the changes and it's nice to know Armothe <v> reads our posts. :D

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:53 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Armothe wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks for posting this!

-A

Well Armothe you could go to the old system that Isaac used to have which had all the Items and colors, and you just fill in how many you wanted and click buy.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]