Change font size
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:23 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: 9 digit Zip code
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:38 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Hello all. I ran into a bit of trouble with my latest order due to the fact that my PO box requires a 9-digit zip code for it to get to the right place, and the checkout information only allows 5-digit codes. Is there a way around this already in place? If so , I would be much obliged by some help in this matter. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: 9 digit Zip code
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:09 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Thel' Vadamee wrote:
Hello all. I ran into a bit of trouble with my latest order due to the fact that my PO box requires a 9-digit zip code for it to get to the right place, and the checkout information only allows 5-digit codes. Is there a way around this already in place? If so , I would be much obliged by some help in this matter. Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge no state/county/city requires all 9 digits, especially if you use 5 or 9 digits its all the same place.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:50 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Asterios wrote:
Thel' Vadamee wrote:

To the best of my knowledge no state/county/city requires all 9 digits, especially if you use 5 or 9 digits its all the same place.

I'm in a bit of a unique situation here. We live overseas on a Government posting, and all of our mail goes through a sorting facility in Virginia. The first 5 digits are for the facility itself, and the last 4 denote the PO box that goes to where we live. I believe this system is also used for city addresses as well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:59 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Thel' Vadamee wrote:
Asterios wrote:
Thel' Vadamee wrote:

I'm in a bit of a unique situation here. We live overseas on a Government posting, and all of our mail goes through a sorting facility in Virginia. The first 5 digits are for the facility itself, and the last 4 denote the PO box that goes to where we live. I believe this system is also used for city addresses as well.

Yes, that is the system the PO is pushing for. You should be able to use your APO/FPO-type zip code and then your delivery box number; add, zeros to the front of the extended (-xxx) part if it's less than four digits.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:38 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Why not just add the instructions into the "comments" section when you place your order? I'm sure Armothe and BW will get the message :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:26 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Starwars4J wrote:
Why not just add the instructions into the "comments" section when you place your order? I'm sure Armothe and BW will get the message :)

Ah, that sounds like a good idea. I'll do that, thanks!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]