It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:13 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Brickforge VS Lego
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:49 am 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

well I was just thinking.
looking threw a few new prototype of what lego is going to release in 2010.

an I was just thinking you think lego is becoming a bigger and more dangerous competitors vs brickforge
I mean

Army Helmet (toy story set)
Knights Helmet (new kingdom set)
Beret (new minifig collectables)
Pig (city cents)

and who knows more?

sorry was just wondering

Post subject: Re: Brickforge VS Lego
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:46 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
If anything, I think Brick Forge has shown Lego the importance of specific items. I don't think Lego decided to produce similar items out of spite. The fact is that Brick Forge's items have gained a large amount of recognition at the conventions. For example, a friend of mine that was at Brick Con in Chicago (that is not particularly a customizer) commented to me about how insanely busy the Brick Forge booth was. You know the reps that were there took notice. Brick Forge has also made it's way on numerous web sites in one form or another. It is only natural that a few reps took notice and saw how popular certain items are that they had not done yet. Also keep in mind that the items they are mimicking are items that for one reason or another were not done in the past. Brick Forge is the front runner in showing the big boys what they have been missing for so long. The more pieces that Lego decides to make that are similar, the more different pieces that Brick Forge will come out with to "fill in the gaps". ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:55 am 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

Never thought of it that wat. but you make a good point.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:18 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
I agree. Brickforge has shown Lego that they need to try to expand the minifig line more. Most customizers tend to focus on specific themes (i.e. Arealight= Starwars, Brickarms= modern weapons). Brickforge is the only custom accessory vendor that covers a huge range of themes and eras.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:20 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Blue Moon Knight wrote:
Brickforge is the only custom accessory vendor that covers a huge range of themes and eras.

I wouldn't say BrickForge is THE ONLY ONE that covers multiple themes and eras X?
I would say that BrickForge is the only one that covers multiple themes and eras "as far as molding (or plastic accessories) goes"!!

MMCB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:23 pm 
Firebrand
Firebrand

mmcb wrote:
Blue Moon Knight wrote:
Brickforge is the only custom accessory vendor that covers a huge range of themes and eras.

I wouldn't say BrickForge is THE ONLY ONE that covers multiple themes and eras X?
I would say that BrickForge is the only one that covers multiple themes and eras "as far as molding (or plastic accessories) goes"!!

MMCB

True dat.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:45 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

mmcb wrote:
Blue Moon Knight wrote:

MMCB

I noticed recently over the years that Lego is delving deeper with cloth accessories, like the skirt on Ventress or the cape thingies on Palpatine. But they have a lot to catch up to when compared to you.

-Omi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:57 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
mmcb wrote:
Blue Moon Knight wrote:

MMCB

Sorry MMCB! I had completely forgotten cloth accessories. :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:38 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master

mmcb wrote:
MMCB

I would pose that it is difficult to separate cloth accessories into 'themes and eras'. A trench coat, for example works within a wide range of themes, same with cloth pauldrons, tunics and robes. It's much more difficult to visit the MMCB website and make a statement about the products covering a wide range of 'themes and eras'. With plastic-injection items it becomes a bit more obvious as to the distinct purpose of the piece, hence easier to make such a determination.

Our booth is pretty much non-stop at the shows and we always have someone from LEGO corporate at our booth checking us out. Our online business is just as busy and again, we ship several orders to Billund, Denmark. They know who we are and they love us because we provide feedback as well as a virtual playground where they can independently observe the success of various 'theme and era' pieces.

No doubt we helped push out products they've been sitting on for years or never thought up in the first place. To their credit though, their designers are just as creative as us and have probably been pushing for certain pieces that are just now making it to market due to the economy. I can't say much about the new collectible minifigs, just that their availability is LIMITED and their accessories are NOT an indication of future LEGO themes. Of course anything can change, I suppose. I might guess that a possible Greek/Myth theme might be based on how well Atlantis sells.

If anything, the new collectible minifig series will simply make more people aware that BF exists and when all those Black Berets and Gold Greek Helmets have sold out on BrickLink for $12.00 a pop we'll still be around offering similar products for much less, in many more colors.

-A

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:09 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Also just wanted to point out that the beret was already made before Brickforge got to it in the Sluban/Oxford (clone bricks) toy lines.

-Omi

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next