Change font size
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:48 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Better order form
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:22 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Ok while I was perusing thru the catalog and trying to decide what I'll be ordering on my next order in a month or two which might be substantial, I realized I miss the old ordering system, the new system is tedious at best, you order a part then have to go back to the catalog and find the next part then order and rinse and repeat for how many items your ordering, the old system was all products listed, you just fill in the QTY's then hit order simple and easy and less tedious.

Also the new system places a limit at only 50 pieces.

Post subject: Re: Better order form
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:39 am 
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

I agree - Not sure if it's my computer or BF, but everything seems to go much slower than on any other website, so having to put together an order item by item takes ages - It took me over ten minutes to place an order for about 30 separate items yesterday!
HOWEVER - If that's the price we have to pay for being able to get our hands on all these wonderful accessories, I guess it's worth it, but I preferred the old order form - Please can we have it back?

Kev
flash9465

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:10 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
Asterios wrote:
Ok while I was perusing thru the catalog and trying to decide what I'll be ordering on my next order in a month or two which might be substantial, I realized I miss the old ordering system, the new system is tedious at best, you order a part then have to go back to the catalog and find the next part then order and rinse and repeat for how many items your ordering, the old system was all products listed, you just fill in the QTY's then hit order simple and easy and less tedious.

I also had this problem while I was adding SM visors to my cart. Sooo much clicking.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:29 am 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

I haven't bought from BF very long but that way sounds so much easier.

XBL Gamertag = SC4R 50

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:45 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master

This is the second time I'm hearing this 50 limitation. Are you saying that the system will only allow you to order 50 of a single item?

I'm actually researching improvements for the website as we speak. The solution I'm reviewing uses Ajax to keep your shopping cart handy, as well as a browse window for the catalog right at you fingertips. The fact that we now have so many products in so many colors has caused us to rapidly outgrow the system we put in two years ago. I also plan to upgrade the website since we are blowing past 8 million hits a month.

I do appreciate the feedback.

-A

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:19 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

let me Clarify say I want 100 red Roman shields I go to the item the drop down box only allows me to order 50 so I order the 50 and if I want the 100 I have to update the cart or go back and order another 50, this can get kind of monotonous(sp) if you ask me.

The old order forms were so easy, and you can make new ones just as easy with a color drop down box and a Qty. spaceso they list items and it goes to their cart without them leaving the page.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:17 pm 
Forge Master
Forge Master

Unfortunately the order form is just simply impractical. It would have 400+ lines and just be so, so so long. Ajax or Javascript could prove to shorten it a bit but I'm not going to reinvent the wheel. I have something picked out that will alleviate the click, click headaches. As for the min qty 50 I'll look into that, it shouldn't do that.

**edit - now reset to 500 qty.

-A

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:33 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

thanks for that, since it should help a little bit, can't wait to see what other changes for the better you come up with.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]