Change font size
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:17 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Red Bean studio
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:19 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Well if anyone knows, how come it's not a website anymore? I guess RB could have left pictures there but make a link saying " My products are now being sold here but feel free to look at any pictures".

If the tanks succeed, victory follows. - Heinz Guderian

Post subject: Re: Red Bean studio
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:13 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I'm pretty sure Red Bean studios became BF when Armother and Red Bean partnered.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:34 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I was a member of Red Bean Studio forum many years ago. Red Bean and Kaminoan jointly ran the site. Those we're the good old days. I'll leave Red Bean and Armothe to fill in the rest.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:12 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master

RBS.net was launched in Dec of 2003 and originally revolved around the showcasing (and sale) of RedBean's decals. There were a few tutorials, galleries, links and eventually a forum. Shortly after RedBean offered his original plastic accessories for sale and showed off his mad sculpting skills with some one-of-a-kind customs. I'm not sure how Kaminoan was involved. Throughout the summer of 2005 - with the help of Ramus - the galleries and forum moved from RBS and became the backbone of MCN. Fans could still order the original accessories through RBS.net until Jan 2006 when it too was integrated into MCN under my direction. Some of you might remember this:

-A

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:01 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Haha, that picture brings back some memories. I made an order of silver right after that picture. |D

I remember the forums hosted on Red Bean Studio, I had only been a member for a little while before it got hacked and MinifigCustomizationNetwork.com came about. I do miss MCN. Its a shame that it was taken down to become MinifigCustoms.com. That pretty much demolished what was left of the community there.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Red Bean studios became BF when Armother and Red Bean partnered.

If I remember correctly, it became MCN Store, then Brickforge.. though I might be mistaken.

Thanks for the trip through the past,

Zach

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]