Change font size
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Broken NVG in order
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:42 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Sorry for the late reply. As people have said, email BrickForge. The address is brickforge@gmail.com. Make sure to mention what item is broken and your address, and they will send you a replacement.

-Dylan

Post subject: Re: Broken NVG in order
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:15 pm 
Forge Master
Forge Master

Hey guys,

That particular NVG looks to be a MFG error - of course we will replace it if you shoot us an email.

A quick note about the soft plastic items:

The soft plastic items were designed to be flexible, not stretchable. Please keep this in mind when deciding how to apply these pieces to your minifig or MOC. The Reins, for example, are created to simulate an actual bridle and set of reins that can be positioned or held several different ways by a minifig. A poor application would be to stretch the Reins to perhaps use as a lanyard or connection point on a MOC.

The Goggles and Headlamp can flex-to-fit most standard Minifig hairpieces and helmets. The other advantage being that the plasic is made to grip headpieces as to not slip off like a hard plastic counterpart would. These were designed so they can slip over bulbous surfaces and be set into a spot that doesn't involve long-term or constant stretching back and forth. The diameter of an untouched Headlamp or Goggle is 12mm. It fits around a LEGO Pith Helmet without any stretching. It fits perfect on a Stormtrooper Helmet. You can stretch it over the lip of a Powered Assault Commando Helmet and set it inside the visor area but its starting to get a bit taut (I wouldn't expect this to break either). Clonetrooper Helmet sits fine as does the Motorcycle Helmet, Femail Ponytail and Aviator Cap. The very detailed Power Miners/Rock Raiders helmet has a bunch of odd curves but the Headlamp and Goggles should navigate them without snapping. I can't feasibly list every 'approved' application so I humbly ask the end user to use a bit of caution when deciding where to apply these pieces. A good comparison of what not to do is to attempt to fit Euro Armor over a Hagrid minifig.

Holster components like the Utility Belt, Waist Armor, Gunbelt & Bandolier have a 2.3mm x 3.0mm slot that is great for storing weapons. The official standard measurement of a weapon is 3.0mm because that is the diameter needed for a minifig to grip any weapon. A lightsaber rod is a great example of what the slots can hold comfortably. They are flexible so sliding a Lighsaber Handle into these spaces is entirely doable. We made the slots slightly shy of 3.0mm and rectangular so they can also accomodate a variety of sword blades and other accessories. The Military Sword, Hero Sword and even Falcata slide in nicely. Most BF accesories should fit; but the question I'm getting the most often is "does BrickArms fit"? I don't honestly know the answer to that question as I only have a limited number of BA pieces. Right now I have a Bazooka slid into the Bandolier with no problem. Canister Grenades fit well on the Bandolier and I have the grip of an Uzi slid into a Gunbelt without issue. The Ammo clips, however are simply too big to fit and will break the slots. The barrels of the Auto-9 and Magnum are also fairly large to slide into our holsters so use at your own risk. However, the grips/handles of these items should be 3mm and will fit nicely. And of course most LEGO accessories like the StarWars blasters should fit too.

Just remember that these pieces aren't Rubber and aren't meant to be kept in an overly-stretched position for too long. They are soft plastic and only meant to be flexible enough to accomodate slight maneuverability. Constantly tugging and pulling accessories in and out of them may also shorten the life of the piece. The BrickForge soft plastic pieces are a bit revolutionary and I suppose its difficult to draw out the boundaries of what 'fits'. We value the communities' feedback and input on how we can make our products better for the hobby.

-A

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2