Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:42 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Freebies??
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:44 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Guys...Armothe doesn't have to give people stuff for free. In fact nobody does :b Like JediSpring said, it's random depending on if he has anything at hand so...don't you think it's in kinda bad taste to talk about it like this? If he wants to do something out of the goodness of his heart, awesome! If he just doesn't have anything on hand...that's okay, you didn't pay for it anyway

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:51 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

I don't blame Armothe for not giving out freebies to some people. I was just saying I like the surprise when I do get freebies.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:16 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

jdelgado01 wrote:
I don't blame Armothe for not giving out freebies to some people. I was just saying I like the surprise when I do get freebies.

That makes sense, who wouldn't like freebies in their order.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:27 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

The name "freebies" says it all - they are, and should be, freely and randomly given based on the goodwill of the seller. Armothe has no obligation to give freebies, so we should be nothing but thankful regardless of whether we get them or not. So, I find it a bit impolite to explicitly ask for freebies. You get what you pay for, and anything beyond the original order is a bonus.

I usually order between $20-$50. Sometimes I get freebies, sometimes I don't. What we should keep in mind is that nothing should detract from the joy and excitement of getting quality custom pieces from a proven professional.

(and see - I just earned more freebies for my next purchase, haha)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:37 am 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

Just to make this clear: I am not asking for freebies but I wanted to know how it is decided that freebies are given out, or not. Thank you all for awnsering.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:22 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Lcuan82 wrote:
The name "freebies" says it all - they are, and should be, freely and randomly given based on the goodwill of the seller. Armothe has no obligation to give freebies, so we should be nothing but thankful regardless of whether we get them or not. So, I find it a bit impolite to explicitly ask for freebies. You get what you pay for, and anything beyond the original order is a bonus.

I usually order between $20-$50. Sometimes I get freebies, sometimes I don't. What we should keep in mind is that nothing should detract from the joy and excitement of getting quality custom pieces from a proven professional.

(and see - I just earned more freebies for my next purchase, haha)

I know, that is what I am saying. He doesn't have to give you freebies, if their is a little more then he will give one to you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:31 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I guess I can lock up this thread now that Jelmer has gotten his question answered.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:43 am 
Shop Keeper
Shop Keeper

Just to clear things up for all you cheapies (this is not meant to offend, I am one of you), we include freebies when we have surpluses of certain items/colors. Everyone loves to get a bonus now and then and we are always interested to see what people can do with the odd items they ay get in their orders. Brickwench does her best to find surplus down in the forge and she tries hard to share it fairly. So when we have it we give it, when we don't we don't.... No hard feelings please and we thank all of you for your patronage.

Brickwench
"Slingin' parts and takin' names"

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2