Change font size
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:35 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Matching brickforge colors to Lego's pick a brick
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:18 pm 
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Hi there everyone, i'm trying to make a squad of space Romans and I find myself unsure of which color of brickforge armor to get for them. The minifig bodies i'm using are dark stone grey according to the pick a brick website, but i'm not sure which of the brickforge colors that would match up with.

On another note related to space Romans but not colors, how well will the legionnaire helmet fit together with the powered assault armor chest?
((={:|)

Post subject: Re: Matching brickforge colors to Lego's pick a brick
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:54 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Hello, welcome to the forums. Dark Stone Grey from LEGO pick-a-brick is the equivalent of BrickForge Dark Blueish Gray. As for the helmets, I did a test and both the Legionary and the Centurion helmet and they work perfectly with both the Powered Assault Commando and Shock Trooper armor. Unfortunately, BrickForge does not offer either helmet in Dark Blueish Gray. We do offer all 4 items mentioned above in BrickForge Steel which is referred to as Pearl Dark Gray on Bricklink. I have no idea what LEGO pick-a-brick would call that color. Currently Powered Assault Commando armor is sold out in that color. I hope this was helpful.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:16 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

One bit of (unsolicited) advice. Matchy-matchy colors lose contrast when photographing, or even playing. I'd go with one shade different between the torsos and the armor. Steel looks good over black, for instance:

This giuy has BrickForge Powered Assault Armor and vambraces in steel over a black torso. I think a bit of contrast makes the accessories "pop".

What do you think?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

I agree entirely. Mono-color minifigs tend to look more bland, as Bo said, because the monotony of color and tone make the details stand out less. I try to pick a palette of colors to work with, such as Tan, Dark Tan, and Reddish Brown. Or Dark Tan, Green, and Dark Green. Anything, really, that will allow details to be contrasted and so more visible.

And as far as the pieces not being available in certain colors, you can always sponsor a color.

http://www.brickforge.com/?page_id=657

It's not cheap by any means, but if you have the capital and the need, it's always there as an option.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]