Change font size
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Originator forces WIP
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:17 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

ok been working on my Originator forces and while they will have only a bit part in my comic series I do want them to be complete, already been working on their wardrobe and such, but my trooper forces need a hat/helmet and not sure what to use, my other forces already decided on them, but the grey guys are giving me a headache on what to give them so thought I'd try these hats out that were sent to me, and wanted your guys opinion, or if you know of a better hat/helmet for them to wear let me know.

Post subject: Re: Originator forces WIP
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:37 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

The garrison cap looks good. have you thought about trying the gray SW imperial covers... the ones that look like combination caps?

Guys in the back look good! is that the Jin-Roh armor?! it looks SWEET!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:56 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

not sure what they are their from Amazing Armory, and yes thought about the grey SW cap but sadly its not available cheaply.

only BL seller that has anywhere close to the numbers I'll need is asking $1 ea.

also those caps in their respective colors is what I'm using for the other groups so it would have been nice to have them for the grey guys too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:09 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

A buck a piece?! That's dumb... But either way the covers they have now are good... Aren't those kind of expensive too though? or do you already have a bunch of them?

I'm not sure if you watch any anime (I'm not a huge fan but there are some really good ones out there(Akira and anything by Hayao Miyazaki is very good)) But Jin-Roh is an awesome one!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:17 am 
Beheaded
Beheaded

I'd like to see BrickForge come out with some type of military cap or helmet other then the ones they have, but have thought of using BF's military helmet but not sure it would work with a space theme, as to the caps they have now, yeah think they are like $3 a pop but somebody sent me some in hopes they would be displayed in my usual armies which are always good marketing prospects.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:25 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Now you said this was for a comic? do you have your own website or anything that you post this on? I'm still kinda learning what all the guys here do... just curious.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:01 am 
Beheaded
Beheaded

not yet right now its a project in the works, but before I start want to make sure all the props and actors are ready, I've been perusing some LEGO made comics and while some have good stories they lack in the props or wardrobe dept. a Comic needs more then a good story to be great.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:12 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Very true!

I'm not sure how you feel about painting Legos or anything but on the Lego shop site in pick a brick you can get the little officer caps I was talking about in black and white for like .22 cents. I thought maybe you could paint them or something. Another great helmet they have is the skater helmet in gray. It looks just like the helmets the VBSS SEAL teams wear. Just thought you might be interested.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:22 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Think that that hat looks fine, however If you want a different one I suggest searching bricklink for helmets.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:49 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

well I finished the design of one of my enemy units, now have to come up with other designs and wait till I can afford to buy the supplies to make the desired amount of these units.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next