Change font size
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:32 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Federal Republic of America SOCOM "Knight" division.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:15 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

These are some minifigs I made for my post-post-apacalyptic setting.... Basically, its some 20 years after the "Final War" (global Anti-matter warfare), which devastated much of the Earth, in addition to which a large number of dimensional portals were created due to the massive amounts of energy released during the war.

The Federal Republic of America is one of the nation-states that has risen from the ashes of the war, and it is the successor to the ideal of the old USA. The Federal Republic consists of the states from PA in the North to South Carolina in its Southern extreme, The Atlantic Seaboard west to the Mississippi... Due to climate change resulting from the Final War, most of the land between the Sierra Nevada and the Mississippi River is a barren desert, simply known as The Wastes...

...but enough back-story for now, here's the figs:

The Federal Republic of America has a special branch of the military that is dedicated to special operations and tactics, known as Special Operations COMmand (SOCOM), the most "basic" of which are the Federal Knights, so called because of the environmental combat armor they wear. The Armor is made of Unobtainium alloy and provides protection against most normal weapons as well as magic.

About the figs: I had the idea of using the LEGO firefighter's mask with the flying goggles when someone posted a British "Weird War" troop using a BrickArms Brodie helmet and the Cad Bane facepiece... The problem is that I didn't realize until I got them, that the LEGO firefighter's rebreather mask required the air tanks in order to work (otherwise the helmet wouldn't fit)... Long story short, BrickForge saved the day: The BrickForge backpacks were the perfect fit for the helmet, and they have the added advantage of the carrying hooks for adding other accessories.

So, what do you guys think? BTW, I'm planning on doing an entire series of figs for the different factions in my LEGOverse called "Jayne's Military Personnel of the World" (which is a parody of the guides published by the Jane's Information Group)...

Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of America SOCOM "Knight" division.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:43 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

These are cool! I can't wait to see some of your other factions!

Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of America SOCOM "Knight" division.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:48 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Baylego wrote:
These are cool! I can't wait to see some of your other factions!

Thanks! The other factions include, but aren't limited to, the Republic of New Jersey, the Confederate States of America, the Hordes of Chaos, and the Lone Star Republic.....;)

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that their swords are vibro-blades (ala Star Wars or Rifts) and their "Muskets" are "Cosmo Carabiner" Laser Rifles.... The Federal Republic is one of a relative few nations who managed to preserve the technology and manufacturing capabilities to build energy weapons (albeit not in any great quantity, which is why the SOCOM gets just about all of them).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]