Change font size
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:17 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: BrickForge - Past, Present & Future
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:26 pm 
Artificer
Artificer

It’s really cool to see how Brickforge has grown over the years. I can still remember how excited I got when I first came across Red Bean Studios many years ago (based on the product selection timeline it looks like I discovered it around 2003); I couldn’t believe that someone had actually created a LEGO compatible Greek helmet. Needless to say, I ordered a bunch immediately. :)

Another one of my favorite Brickforge memories is when they posted a blurry picture of molds 4 & 5 and held a contest to see who could guess all the products first. Every day my friend Matt and I would check to see if they had revealed more of the picture and then try to figure out the rest of the accessories. In the end I think we ended up guessing most of them except the Savage Mask or Hero Hair…such tricky names!

Can’t wait to see what 2011 holds for Brickforge!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

thrash wrote:

Another one of my favorite Brickforge memories is when they posted a blurry picture of molds 4 & 5 and held a contest to see who could guess all the products first. Every day my friend Matt and I would check to see if they had revealed more of the picture and then try to figure out the rest of the accessories. In the end I think we ended up guessing most of them except the Savage Mask or Hero Hair…such tricky names!

Yeah I was in that contest too, think I was a runner up but not sure, but did bring up the alternate name on the Falcata.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:02 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

I think the real "aha!" moment for me was when you introduced the cows. That was when you guys took it to a whole new level.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:51 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

How interesting! I didn't know that someone else other than <v> owned the Forge before! I first found out about BF late 2009, around Thanksgiving. Thanks for all the info about the history!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:15 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Cool to learn a piece of Forge history, wow. SM armor is only 2 years old. Not to play with fire, but.... Who is Save One? Is it Will over at BA?

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

Last edited by SPACE MARINE on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:17 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Powered Assault Commando wrote:
Cool to learn a piece of Forge, wow. SM armor is only 2 years old. Not to play with fire, but.... Who is Save One? Is it Will over at BA?

its somebody that does not need mentioning most likely.

but what really gets my goat is these counterfeiters who make fake BF or even BA stuff in fact just found some and reported them to the appropriate customizer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:44 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

My first BF order was around mid-2010, so I haven't been around for a while. The order I got yesterday for hanukkah is my second, but I don't care how much I have, but how AMAZING the quality is on those things! :) :) :) :) :)

My only problem is, though, the neck in the Powered Assault Commando armor seems to be WAY too thin. I have broken TWO armor pieces so far, and one of them was a clear Powered Assault Commando Armor. That is the ONLY problem |U .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:43 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
Ten years already?! Time goes by fast doesn't it? I've only been here a couple years, but BF has grown a lot in that time; and I'm glad to have witnessed said growth of an amazing vendor. Here's to another ten years of awesome!

Cheers,
BMK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:45 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

The history of BrickForge is fascinating. When I first stumbled across the 'Forge back at the end of 2008, I was dumbfounded, to say the least. Without a doubt, one of my absolute favorite pieces is the Great Helm (:] . It really helps when building medieval themed figures!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:53 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

I found Red Bean a long time ago... I want to say 2003... I was only 15-16 years old then and felt like I needed to spend my money or other things like gas and girls... Silly me... I didnt buy anything until about 2007 I bought the elvish spear and dragon sword... not sure why I only bought those 2 things.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next